Davey Jay is a member of the Executive Council of the Entertainment, Arts, and Sports Law (EASL) section of the Florida Bar. She dedicates her practice to the areas of Entertainment and Intellectual Property law, which includes negotiating and drafting various agreements; analyzing trademark search reports and filing registrations with the United States Patent and Trademark Office; assisting with rights management; and evaluating and assisting clients with claims of trade secret, trademark, and copyright infringement. Davey currently represents clients in many areas of the entertainment industry, including musicians, artists, filmmakers, actors, agents, managers, promoters and production companies.
In addition to practicing law, Davey has been an educator for over ten years. She created and currently teaches the Entertainment & Communications Law course in the Film Production Masters of Fine Art degree at Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL. She previously taught Music Business Law & Contract Negotiations as well as Copyright & Music Publishing. She is frequently invited to participate as a guest speaker and panelist at various symposia, conferences and law schools.
- Florida A&M University College of Law: 9th Annual Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Symposium
- Barry University School of Law: EASLS Meeting
- Florida Bar Midyear Meeting: Navigating Legal Ethics in Entertainment Law
- The Network Music Conference: Superwomen: Heroines of the Entertainment Industry
- Florida A&M University College of Law: Practicing Entertainment Law for New Lawyers
- Florida Writer’s Association: 14th Annual Writers’ Conference – Negotiating Literary Agreements
- IGDA: Entertainment Law Issues in the Game Industry
- A Medley of Civil Issues: Music Law Overview
- Music Law 101: Event for Local Musicians
- Florida A&M University College of Law: 7th Annual Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Symposium
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law: 9th Annual Music Law Conference – Negotiating Music Contracts
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law: 8th Annual Music Law Conference – Music Law & Digital Media
*Please see our News section for the full list and descriptions of recent events.
- Barry University School of Law, Juris Doctor 2005
- University College London, Visiting Student 2004
- University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Arts 2002
- Variety – The Children’s Charity of Florida, Inc.: Board of Directors
- The Center for Contemporary Dance, Inc.: Board of Directors
- Better Business Bureau: Arbitrator
- Back to Nature Wildlife Refuge, Critter Crawl Fundraiser: Event Organizer